About Me

My photo
PA, United States
I am a retired married mom of two grown boys & three grandchildren. I spend my free time crafting & creating new designs. Crafting is my therapy & it is a very rewarding gift.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

OUR SAD FAMILY NEWS

On Wednesday morning at 3:30AM my family received the sad news of my FILs passing. He was terminal with stage 4 cancer which hit him very quickly. On December 4th, 2010 he was told about the cancer & here it is a little over one month later & now gone. We all know that he is in better place, which makes us happy, but the hard part is missing & knowing that we will not see him again in this life.
When I went to see my FIL for the last time, I whispered in his ear how much I loved him & that I was glad that  he has been my dad for the past 26 years, my dad past away when I was 19, so I am hoping that he was aware enough to understand what I had said to him.
My FIL always treated me nice, we always got along & had happy times together.
My son Steven took his baby boy Derek to the hospital, when Tom & I went this past Saturday to see my FIL. He knew that Derek was there & talked to the baby. See, Derek is the fourth generation of men on Toms side. I will be including a pic of Tom & his Dad spring 2009 in our yard & the other pic is of my FIL in the hospital a few weeks ago with Tom, Steven & Derek, the 4 generations. I am so glad that I got this pic of them together.

REST IN PEACE DAD.

Soon, I should be posting a new craft idea, cause I have been trying to work on something. It's been very difficult with all that has been going on.
So, please keep checking back.

MAY ALL MY FRIENDS HAVE A WONDERFUL & BLESSED DAY

HUGS,
Dee

3 comments:

  1. Oh No, I'm sorry to hear this. I know he was able to hear you. When the body isn't available the spirit is. I know he will be missed by all the members of your family. I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise,
    My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Please know that your FIL heard every word you said. I know his spirit will be with you always.

    Love, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friend, I pray that you feel the love & comfort of God's hand through this. He allowed your FIL to be in your life & you both to love each other. Remember the good times & treasure the thoughts. Sorry for the loss, but as the Bible says: to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
    Love you girlfriend...

    ReplyDelete

CC glitter