About Me

My photo
PA, United States
I am a retired married mom of two grown boys & three grandchildren. I spend my free time crafting & creating new designs. Crafting is my therapy & it is a very rewarding gift.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

GROUND HOGS DAY & A CHALLENGE

Well, here it is GROUND HOGS DAY & LOL I don't even know if he saw his shadow or not. I wouldn't think so, since the weather is so terrible. Can somebody let me know what you have heard, cause I am really hoping for an early spring. I am so sick of all this snow & ice. Where we are going to build our new home in Virginia, it is a high of 63 degrees as I am posting. Oh how I wish we were already living there, hopefully next year we will be in our new home.
I hope everybody else that are having this bad weather are being safe & warm.

I am starting to get enthusiastic about crafting again & I was wondering all you crocheters out there, would you like to join me in a crochet dish cloth challenge?
I have loved to crochet since I was a little girl. It's quick, easy & fun.
Who will join me in this challenge?
 And there is a surprise at the end, someone will win a gift, but it is a surprise, so I can't tell you.

This is how it will work;
Starting Sunday Feb.6th I will post a finished pic of the first dish cloth with directions for you to make it & then you will post a pic of your finished dish cloth on Monday, here on my blog.
Each day I will post a new pic & pattern, totaling 6 dish clothes for the week.
I will do this for a 2 week period, so you will have a total 12 dish clothes when we are finished.

I want you to crochet them in any color that matches your decor or colors that you like, so you don't have to have yours look like mine.
The yarn that you can use are RED HEART SUPER SAVER # 4 weight, which I love, cause they turn out nice & thick, great for scrubbing those pots.
Also you can use WORSTED WEIGHT COTTON YARN, such as by LILY SUGAR 'n CREAM
This is also a great way to use up your extra skeins or balls of yarn that you don't know what to do with.
Please make this your own personal set of dish clothes or for a wonderful gift.

I like making things that can be useful.

So please, leave me a comment & let me know what you think about this challenge.

Whose in ladies?
 I am so excited about my very first challenge, also to see all the different ideas & to see whom will be the winner of the surprise gift.

Deadline to sign up is Saturday Feb. 5th.

HOPE Y'ALL HAVE A BLESSED & WONDERFUL DAY.

HUGS,
DEE

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dee,
    Glad to see you are back on your blog and into doing some crafting. I don't crochet, but hope there are others here who will join you.

    Groundhog didn't see his shadow today.. sorry! This weather sucks.. we have over 4 feet on the ground so you can imagine the mounds everywhere and no end in sight.. more snow for the weekend.

    Prayers to you and your family. Always, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello My Dear One,
    YOU ARE BACK!! Yippee, I missed you. Let me see if I can crochet one up to see how I do. I'll let you know. I will start working on it tomorrow. I hope you are doing a lot better. Email me sometime.
    Love,
    Your Southern Friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot to tell you, I am blogging again. not everyday but I am there with thoughts and projects I am doing. Take a look when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

CC glitter