About Me

My photo
PA, United States
I am a retired married mom of two grown boys & three grandchildren. I spend my free time crafting & creating new designs. Crafting is my therapy & it is a very rewarding gift.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Bird Cages To Hold The Wedding Gift Cards

Hello again & how are your crafty days going so far?

This post is about the  metal bird cages that the bride wanted to use  for any wedding card gifts that the happy couple received at the reception.

Basia told me that each cage would have a name on the front, so the guests would know that they could put their card gifts inside.

So, I had the idea to quill the letters to spell out the words.

Used a cream colored card stock from Bazzil for base of the tag.
This I used Martha Stewart's butterfly border punch around the edges.
Cut a slightly smaller tag in a bright mango color to use as the contrasting base for the quilled letters.


The smaller cage says WISHES & the larger cage says CARDS.

Then I added ribbons & bows that I made, then finished it with a few butterflies, since they were part of the wedding theme.
Also used Stickles Diamond to accent the quilled letters.

I think they came out really nice. What do you think about this idea?

This first pic was taken right after I finished them & before they left for the reception venue.


This pic was taken at the reception.
I hope Y'all enjoyed this idea & how they turned out.
I look forward to all your comments, so please leave as many as you like.
I will also answer any questions that you might have for me.
Keep on crafting, believe me it keeps you busy & you will always make something that you will be proud of.
If you have done an idea like this or quilled something for a wedding, I would love to see your pics.

Until next time, I hope that you always have a wonderful & Blessed day.

Hugs, Dee

9 comments:

  1. different shadings therefore you might be forgiven for being confused about their colorings Finches for sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. stuffed animals are very cute and lovely, i bet that most kids and even women loves them,. 성남출장안마

    ReplyDelete
  3. One function of the Quaker parrot is that it's mild and very passionate rendering it a great puppy for a younger member of the family. amazons

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really major plus for a dog parrot, but unfortunately it will come using its drawbacks.In some claims lovebirds

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would we do without the brilliant tips you discuss on this website? Who else has got the persistence to deal with important topics in the interest of common readers like me? My spouse and i and my friends are very blessed to have your web site among the types we often visit. We hope you know how considerably we love your effort! Best wishes through us all. Daniel Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  6. different shadings therefore you might be forgiven for being confused about their colorings Parakeets

    ReplyDelete
  7. training is completed by just one single person in the family but I believe you will discover the bird creating sounds parrots for sale

    ReplyDelete
  8. training is completed by just one single person in the family but I believe you will discover the bird creating sounds Birds for sale

    ReplyDelete

CC glitter