About Me

My photo
PA, United States
I am a retired married mom of two grown boys & three grandchildren. I spend my free time crafting & creating new designs. Crafting is my therapy & it is a very rewarding gift.

Monday, January 23, 2012

ENTRELAC CROCHET THROW

Good morning & how was everybodys weekend? We had around 8'' of snow  on Saturday & last night we had a little dusting with some freezing rain. It still doesn't look very good out there right now.

Yesterday I made a bowl of Cole slaw & a chocolate fudge swirl cake. My son Steven with his wife Basia & baby Darek stopped by after church,  just in time to lick the bowl & utensils, LOL.

Since the weather doesn't look that great outside, I am just staying in & going to try to work on a couple craft projects I started. Then maybe later this afternoon I might have to babysit Darek for a few hours.

So, let me explain about this throw that I made last week.
It is called the Entrelac crochet. Its a version of the Tunisian crochet, except the difference is that you interlock the stitches with the next block. You start  with a chain of 21 & make 2 connecting blocks, which is explained in the first video. Then you crochet more blocks connecting each new block to first 2 blocks. Each time you go around you end up with more & more blocks. It will make more sense to you after you watch the video.
If you would like to learn this technique like I did, go to Google & type in entrelac crochet. Look for the U-tube videos, there are 15 & then a couple more to show how to finish it.
Its easier than it looks. I used skeins of yarn that I had extra from other projects, so I made this in Burgundy & white with a dark blue border.
When Steven saw this he wanted to know where the checkers were, so we could play a game. Wise guy.


Well this is my project for today. I hope you enjoyed this & will leave me your comments about this pattern.
Thanks for stopping by & hope that you have a wonderful & creative craft day.
Hugs, Dee

2 comments:

  1. Dee,
    It's Beautiful. Great Job, I Love It !! Friday Night We Got A Dusting Of Snow, Then Came The Freezing Rain Sat. Morning, Then Woke Up To Snow Again Sunday,Rain Today And All the winter Beauty Is Gone.Bummer, It Looked So beautiful Outside.
    Dottie In Va

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! What a beautiful job. I love this. It looks so hard to do. It is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete

CC glitter