About Me

My photo
PA, United States
I am a retired married mom of two grown boys & three grandchildren. I spend my free time crafting & creating new designs. Crafting is my therapy & it is a very rewarding gift.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

IT'S TUESDAY COOL & PARTLY SUNNY

Hey Y'all,
How was your day? I hope it was a happy & healthy one. This afternoon my hubby said that he wanted to go for a walk & I told him that I was going too. So I put on my heavy long sweater, grabbed my walking cane just in case I felt like I was going to fall, because of my leg the way it is. We took both of our little doggies Bruiser & Chee Chee with us & had a nice walk, but when we got back my hands & face were so cold, but the air felt so good. I love the fresh air & tomorrow if it doesn't rain we are going to try it again. My leg is killing me, but it's a good pain LOL.

After dinner I started to work on another quilled project for tomorrow, I hope.
I finished the one that I am posting today last night. I thought it was a cute idea for my sons auto repair shop. So this is how I made it:

A 4"X5" WOOD PLAQUE THAT HAD A CAR ROUTED OUT, Bought at AC Moore
QUILLED PAPER in 3 colors- 1/8" wide each  in white, black & silver,cut each piece 4" long,except tires use 8" piece with a 4'' piece of silver glued to one end of a 8'' piece of black
White glue ( I used ALEENES cause it dries clear)
sand paper
A sticker with a comment
FOLK ART paint- Berrywine

First sand wood to take off rough edges.
Paint one coat, let dry & sand again to distress
First do the tires start rolling with the silver then continue with black, so silver will be in the center of the tire, replicating a wheel.
Next work on the body with silver
Fill in the window & stripe with white
Roll a 3" piece of black for a door handle
Roll a 4" piece of back, flatten one side of roll to make a side mirror
Roll another the same as the mirror & glue to the front of the car as a head light
Cut a 2" piece of silver &glue on as an antenna

AND YOUR DONE
PRETTY CUTE, DON'T YOU THINK?


Hope you enjoyed this project & please stop back tomorrow for a new one.
Have a Wonderful & Blessed Day
HUGS,
Dee

1 comment:

  1. Dee.. All I can say is WOW! I never would have thought to quill the inside area of the car. The added touches - light, handle, mirror really finish it off.

    Hope all is well.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

CC glitter