About Me

My photo
PA, United States
I am a retired married mom of two grown boys & three grandchildren. I spend my free time crafting & creating new designs. Crafting is my therapy & it is a very rewarding gift.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday A Day Of New Designs

Hello All,
It was a partly cloudy & cool day here in PA, but a nice one. My future DIL called when I was resting to invite me to her home for the afternoon, so I could see the baby & to spend some time together. I didn't know that she called until 2 hours later when my hubby remembered to tell me, then it was too late. I felt so bad so I called & left her a message apologizing for not getting back to her a lot earlier, I haven't heard from her yet so I am hoping it will be ok.

Last night I was talking to my other DIL & she was interested about what I was making for today. I told her what I had gotten done so far, but I had an issue about the little bird on the perch. She mentioned an idea since I was unable to pick up a little bird at the store. She said that can you make a bird & I said I don't see why not. On that thought it gave me an idea to go to my CRICUT EXPRESSION & use the SONGBIRD cart. There I found the right bird & also a nice lamp post also to put on my birdhouse.

These are the supplies that I used:

A 6"X8" UNFINISHED WOOD BIRDHOUSE
2) PAPERS-WHICH IS ONE PATTERN & ONE STRIP
FOLK ART PAINT- BURNT UMBER
DELTA CERAMCOAT-NIGHTFALL BLUE
SAND PAPER
SONGBIRD CART- CUT OUT OF LAMP POST & ALSO W/ BLACKOUT SHADOW
THE PAPER FOR THAT WAS A LIGHT BLUE W/ A LIGHT YELLOW FOR SHADOW
ALSO CUT OUT WAS THE BIRD WITH LEGS IN LIGHT BLUE
QUILL PAPER IN 3 BLUES, SMALL PIECE OF BROWN,GREEN, BLACK & A SMALL PIECE OF GOLD ORANGE
ADHESIVE- I USED ALEENES (DRIES CLEAR)

I first did a light sanding, then painted the front background in Nightfall Blue, the hole opening, the perch & in between the lattice.
Then I painted the trim, lattice under eves of roof & base of the birdhouse in Burnt Umber
Glue pattern paper to back & sides of birdhouse
Then glue the strip paper to the roof
Then lightly sand all edges to look distressed
I then quilled the blue flowers after quilling each petal & 2 brown centers
Cut & glued to fit the stems & leaves
Then I made all the black quilled pieces & glued to lamp post & glue the yellow orange quilled roll for the light
Last made the quilled pieces in the blue & black for the bird.
Glued the bird on perch & the lamp post to the right side of the birdhouse

AND YOUR DONE
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS PROJECT, USING A WOOD PIECE, PAINT, PAPER & QUILLING TECHNIQUES.




IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A BIRDHOUSE LIKE THIS IN A COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE, PLEASE CONTACT ME

Have a Wonderful & Blessed Day.
HUGS,
Dee

1 comment:

  1. Great Work! Now I see why a Cricut is so valuable...

    Love...Marie

    ReplyDelete

CC glitter