About Me

My photo
PA, United States
I am a retired married mom of two grown boys & three grandchildren. I spend my free time crafting & creating new designs. Crafting is my therapy & it is a very rewarding gift.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

SATURDAY & WHAT A GORGEOUS DAY

Hello There My Friends,

I know that I didn't post anything yesterday & I will tell you why.
On Thursday evening I was working on my last quill project for the week. I put the idea on paper first to see how it was going to look, but I must of re-arranged the pattern 20 times. I just wasn't happy the way it was looking & that's why you should always as a designer sketch out your idea before you get to work. Even if you are designing a quilt, counted cross stitch, a quill design, a card, a scrapbook page or anything else you want to make. It is a lot easier to erase than to waste materials & pull something apart if it doesn't look right to you.
I honestly had a terrible time finding a layout that looked good to me. Finely, when I was almost happy with what I sketched, I took out my supplies & got to work. I stayed up quite late & I had been working on it for hours. Then on Friday afternoon I went back to it & worked a few hours more, then again after dinner went back again until  very late Friday night. I was so exhausted & I still wasn't done. I really didn't think that this design would of taken me so many hours to finish.
I had to go out today & didn't get back to it until after dinner. I thought I was done, stepped back, looked & I thought there was something missing. So I quilled some more & said to myself I think I'm done, but nope I wanted to put on a bow, stepped back again, looked & thought YES It's COMPLETE, FINALLY.
I was then happy with my design. I also put a quote to the left of the pot it says, WHERE FLOWERS BLOOM SO DOES HOPE.
I am not going to explain how I made it sorry, but if anybody would like to know I will email you.
I must say when you make something like this, I really feel that it will be one of a kind. You can always make another one to look like the original, but it will never be exactly the same & so THAT MAKES IT AN ORIGINAL.
It was a lot of work, a lot of hours, but in the end, what a beautiful reward it is to enjoy.

I hope that you feel the same as I do when you look at this wonderful project.
ONE THING I KNOW THAT CRAFTING IS A VERY REWARDING THING TO DO & I WOULDN'T BE HAPPIER DOING ANYTHING ELSE. DESIGNING & CREATING IS MY SALVATION & IT KEEPS ME SANE.
ALL DEDICATED CRAFTERS, I AM SURE THAT THEY FEEL THE SAME AS I DO.
Take a look at my design & leave me a comment about what you think about it. ENJOY!
I hope that your weekend is going great & I hope that it will be a Wonderful & Blessed One.
HUGS,
Dee

1 comment:

  1. Dee,

    Can't get over your quilling skills! So much work.. so beautiful.

    I am very happy to see you back at what you love so much.

    Always, Marie

    ReplyDelete

CC glitter