Boy it's raining like they say cats & dogs. One minute is just sprinkling, then whoosh, down it comes in buckets. How am I suppose to get my Fall cleaning & windows washed in this weather? YUK.
Well I got up very early, got my shower so I could watch my grandson today for a few hours. I don't mind because he is such a good baby. This Saturday & Sunday I am having both of my granddaughters over.
I went to AC Moore the other day & picked up 4 little projects for the 5 year old to do. She loves doing crafts with her NA NA(me). I am looking forward to their stay, but I sure know when they leave I will be exhausted, because they wear me out. But I love it & it's worth it to be with them when I can.
Also today I went to a new salon that recently opened near me, so my grandsons mom, her mom & myself went & got our hair trimmed, the girl did a very good job.
So this is the project that I worked on today. Let me explain what supplies you will need & how I put it together. This idea is from a design that I did many years ago. I am going to put flat hooks on the back of each letter & hang them on the wall.
I purchased 8" high unfinished MDF letters that spelled HOME
Used 5corodinating heavy card stock 12"x12", 1 each
8 assorted flowers
1 bookplate & a Sm. piece of cream card stock to insert inside of the bookplate w/ your last name ex. The Smiths
1 rub-sheet of small letters to spell FAMILY
1 metal rimmed tag
36" of 1/4" ribbon, I used self adhesive ribbon
Fine grit sandpaper
Adhesive, the directions say to use spray adhesive, but I used Martha Stewart gel adhesive to glue the card stock & glue dots for all the embellishments
Ranger Distress Ink color Broken China
Exacto Knife & scissors
1) For the letter H, cut a piece of card stock 8"x3 for the top of the letter, glue paper to the letter as shown in the pic.
2) Cut the middle piece of card stock 6 1/2"x2" glue to letter matching up against the bottom edge of first paper.
3) Cut bottom piece8"x3 1/2", glue matching up top edge to bottom of middle piece.
4) Turn the letter over & trim all edges with an exacto knife.
Lightly sand any rough edges
With the letter O
1) For the top of the letter, cut a piece of card stock 8"x7" glue to the letter as shown in the pic.
2) For the bottom half cut card stock 7 1/2"x3", glue matching up to edge to bottom edge of the first paper that was glued to the letter O
3) Turn the letter over & trim with the knife, lightly sand edges
With the letter M
1)Cut card stock for the top of letter 8"x4 1/2", glue to the top
2) For middle cut paper 6 1/2"x2 1/2", glue top edge of this paper up against bottom edge of top paper
3)Cut bottom piece 8 1/4"x2", glue top edge of this piece up against the bottom edge of middle piece
4) Turn letter over & trim around edges with knife, then lightly sand edges
With the letter E
1)Cut top piece of card stock 6 1/4"x1 3/4" glue to the letter
2) Cut middle piece 5 1/2"x5" & glue to letter as you did for all the other ones
3) Cut last & bottom piece 6"x1 3/4" & glue to bottom just like the other letters
4) Turn letter over & trim edges as before
Now you can distress with ink if you wish like I did or not
Glue all embellishments on the letters as I did in the pic
You can put flat hooks on the back of each letter if you would like to hang your word.
You can also spell any word & do it the same way as I did for the word Home.
There is a lot of possibilities, you can even use Holiday paper & spell HO HO HO or BELIEVE or something else.
You can also just paint the letters & embellish the letters.
OK, now let your creativity flow & have some fun
I am hoping that you have liked the free Home Decor instructions & ideas that I have posted so far this week.
There is one more for Friday on this subject, so I will see you tomorrow.
I hope that nobody has floated down stream, cause I'm starting to feel like a duck LOL
Hope your day was a Wonderful & Blessed one.